The Vault Regulars

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Day 4 cont.

This pic is where I had planned to camp if the weather had played ball.
As it is I am now looking at wonderful scenery. It's 11.00am and it's stopped raining. The wind has picked up quite a bit.
Talked to a lady runner from Cockermouth doing the Coniston high circuit.
I had forgotten how many good camp spots are beside the Walna, hindsight.
At the watershed I met the runner coming off Brown Pike, she said she couldn't run over Dow as the wind was blowing her over.
I lunched at Walna quarries before heading down into Seathwaite where my mate at Turner Hall campsite has just bought a new Massey Ferguson tractor. Pictures will be published when I get home.
It's been a very wet 4 days baring Tuesday afternoon but I have enjoyed it non the less. I will expand the post when I get back.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comments Dawn. All in all you have to put up with the bad weather sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a summery backpack is there Alan? Sounds like you sort of enjoyed it anyway...

    ReplyDelete

Find it Here

About Me

My other blog. beneathwhosefeet.wordpress.com