The Vault Regulars

Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Camera

My Sony Cybershot was getting a bit too familiar so i thought it was time for a change. Just like all technology, new and better gear arrives daily and so i decided it was time to upgrade.

I had been pondering about which camera to get, as you do, and have read loads of reviews and asked knowledgeable people what they thought.
I ended up with a short list of 3, four thirds cameras. This terminology was new to me as i was basically a point and shoot auto setting man.
They were the Panasonic Lumix GF1, The Ricoh GRD 3 and the new Olympus Pen.

So off i popped into Manchester, list in hand because i am hopeless at remembering names and i had a lovely afternoon walking around town in the sunshine.

I ended up in Jacobs camera shop and presented my list to a very helpful chap. After a little uming and arhing about my requirements i had a look at the GF1 and the Pen, they didn't have the grd3.

He also said that i should look at the Samsung NX10. Oh no i thought, not another choice, especially one that i new nothing about.

Well after much zooming, shooting, button turning, lens swapping, viewer gazing, battery life checking, weight comparing, JPG considering, Raw browsing etc etc, i plumbed for the Samsung NX10.

I am now trying to work out how to switch it on. I will let you know later if i was successful.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alan

    I look forward to seeing some images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gibson,
    Thanks for that. Hopefully, if we have some decent weather on Saturday at the fell race i will have a few shots to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get some top shots with that. I sometime wonder if I should upgrade from my DCM LX3. Anyway good luck with that camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Martin. It looks and feels a nice piece of kit. I just hope the operator does ok.

    ReplyDelete

Find it Here

About Me

My other blog. beneathwhosefeet.wordpress.com